Friday, November 30, 2007

Parents Help Your Children With Their Homework

Well a friend needed a laugh so here I am prepared to deliver. The following are all true facts although quite sad. My mom is a teacher and as many of you know the pressure has really been put on the teachers in the last few years. Between the SOL's and No child left behind it has really made the teachers jobs a lot more difficult. My mom's 4th grade class receives vocabulary words each week. The words are presented to the class the students learn the definitions of the words and they make sentences as a class. Then the students homework is to come up with their own sentences for the words. Here comes the importance of why the parents should be checking their children's homework. On two separate occasions my mom received papers the words and sentences were as follows:

Fortify-v to make strong

Sentence: I can count from fortify.

Derive-v the orgin or the source or development of

Sentence: My mom derived me around town in a car.


I will leave the children's names anonymous. Although this got great dinner time laughs it really is quite sad. I thought I had heard and seen it all, however shortly after my mom shared these with us I was driving through my neighborhood when I stopped at the stop sign I looked up to see, well you have to see it for yourself

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I just couldn't help myself I immediately called my mom and said when you give that student their paper back can you ask if when their mom derived them around town in the car did they stop at the yard sell in my neighborhood. We both got a good laugh hope you did too.

1 comment:

I am, Kevin Meynardie said...

Too funny...it all starts at home or should i say the crib or Hizouse